Sunday, October 23, 2005

Projects in Process

I have a number of soon-to-be finished projects in the queue, most with deadlines, some still to come and one past due.

First, inspired by the Thursday, October 6, 2005 entry at I'm Knitting As Fast As I Can, I started the Hyrna Herborgar shawl from Three-Cornered and Long Shawls (Þríhyrnur og Langsjöl) by Sigrídur Halldórsdóttir. Per Susan's notes, the shawl takes slightly more than one ball of lace-weight Misti Alpaca.

The pattern had been going well up to where it is now, but I think I'm off a stitch, so I need to go back a couple of rows. I hope I can fix it. Susan finished her shawl in a week (!) but I certainly won't be.

I need to sew up and block some knitted Barbie outfits for my niece's birthday coming up. I'll post pictures when those are done.

My hemp shopping bag is finished except for sewing it together and knitting and attaching the two shoulder straps.

Finally, I finished knitting and blocking a piece for a gift. I also picked out the fabric it needs. Now I just need to figure out how to assemble it. Again, pictures will be posted once the project is completed.

No comments: