Thursday, June 15, 2006

Unblocked Flower Basket shawl

For the past few weeks I've been working on a Flower Basket shawl for my former boss and colleague. Today was her last day at work, but I just finished knitting the shawl around mid-night last night. So it still needs to be washed and blocked. I gave it to her anyway at her good-bye picnic and then took it back so I could block it.


Pattern: Flower Basket Shawl, by Evelyn A. Clark
Pattern from: Interweave Knits, Fall 2004
Wool used: Cherry Tree Hill Glitter Alpaca, Martha's Vineyard colorway. I used about one and three-quarters skeins (50 grams, 222 yards each) single strand.
Where purchased: Unwind in Burbank, CA
Needles: Clover bamboo circular, U.S. 5
Started: Mid-May 2006
Completed: Mid-June 2006

I like the bumpy texture of the back of the shawl, again, unblocked.

No comments: