Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Beach socks

I started a pair of socks on my recent trip to Hawaii. I ripped out the first attempt because size one needles were too large. I found a pair of size 0s at The Needlework Shop in Lahaina, Maui, and started again.

I'm using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock wool in Aslan (beige, lilac, light blues), which I won in a drawing at the former Knitty Gritty.


The pattern is from Wendy Johnson: her toe-up feather and fan sock pattern (.pdf).


Sock has been knit while on Maui beaches, in the condo, and in the airport. The first attempt on too-large needles kept me occupied on the flight over.

2 comments:

Linda B said...

Ha! I thought I recognized that feather and fan sock pattern! They are very pretty. I really wish I liked socks because I think I could really get into knitting them . . . I'm working my way through my summer quota of dish cloths. Instant gratification!

Janice Bakke said...

Thank you! I really like the colors. On the skein they didn't look too exciting, but knitted up they are pretty.

Yes, small projects are great for toting around and for a sense of accomplishment. Be sure to post some pictures!